Monday, August 22, 2011

The need to sleep

The weirdest thing that has been happening to me in the past few months is the need to sleep more. I need at least 10 hours of sleep a day when not more. I slept probably more than 16 hours last night but I got up at 4h30 am and I feel ok, rested. With fibromyalgia it is something that doesn't happen a lot.

I started last thursday ritalin to be able to focus, to fight against what is called "fibromyalgia fog". It's many neurological symptoms that make you almost unable to do anything but sleeping. It has helped right away but in the next week, I'll be trying to find the right dosage: I started at a lower dose, 10 mg in the morning and 5 mg at lunch time. No later than this because it could affect my sleep but as of now it hasn't because when it's passed 12h30, I don't take the 2nd dose.

Anyone else dealing with fibromyalgia? I take several medication and the pain med is oxycontin and it helps a lot, gave me back my life, this combined with anti-depressant and several others and keeping me active. This for me is fantastic and almost a miracle because for several months I was bed ridden and could barely walk. I will start to go to the gym next week (it will open next week at the local college, it is less expensive) and do cardio and weight training 2-3 times a week. I want to lose weight and get back in shape because it helps with the pain. It will help me get ready for the winter. I am scared because last winter was very very difficult for me healt wise...

BTW thanks to my friend Vixen, I'm happy to be back. I have been reading your blog and your DIL (it's on my google reader) even if I wasn't commenting... Much love to you 2. xxxx

2 comments:

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

I haven't had to deal with fibromyalgia, but I do still have chronic pain in my back since I haven't been able to have more surgery. Sleep is one of the most important things for me. Also exercise and losing weight help a lot. I recently joined a gym that is only $10 a month, I can actually afford that, but I still need to motivate myself to go.

I hope that it helps you to prepare for the winter.

I have missed talking to you. I think I felt your soul still reading me and I don't mind if you don't comment. It is such a joy though, to hear your 'voice' again here.

Addicted to crafting said...

Thanks for your comment my dear...

the gym will cost 90$ for 4 months but it is the most inexpensive in the city, all the others start at 60$ a month. This one is also 7 mins from where I live, by foot.


I'm sorry you are in constant pain, I know how hard it is but like you've said sleep, exercice are helpful. I can't wait to lose weight. The meds made me gain soo much :-(

I have missed it too but I was soo "in a fog"