Monday, October 22, 2007

First day of work

Well, the day was great, long but great. I say long because of the many new things, because of meeting many new people seeing everything but great because of the challenge because the job is interesting. I work Monday-Friday from 8h00 to 17h00 with an hour lunch break.

I love Big Multinational Company's organisation, I loved visiting the place, will have to do the official tour tomorrow I think. (it was a matter of wearing appropriate safety apparel and my boss's availability and also the fact that you can't do everything the first day)

The job's going to be a real challenge, interesting. I've got lots to learn but I'm smart so it'll be alright. The industry BMC is a part of, is unknown to me but I've learned already a lot in a day. In couple of months, it won't have secrets for me.

My close co-workers are nice, sweet and funny. I'm exhausted, I mean drained but the first day can be that way eh? Tomorrow, another day, I'll be meeting the company's doctor for a routine checkup. smile

I don't know what to say other than it went well, I'm very happy and I'm happy to be working there. But I'm soo going to be sleeping soon. lol

5 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I love the enthusiasm you have for this job. It's terrific. I can't imagine anything worse than being one of those people who wakes up in the morning and simply cannot bear to go into work. (I know. In the past I've been one of those people, and that's when it's time to move on.) Hope you and the BMC enjoy a long honeymoon period!

Addicted to crafting said...

Gal herself: Yeah, I'm very passionnate and I'm also interested in knowing the industry and performing because I am a performer. I love challenges and I love learning. I'm not saying this will be easy but I'm saying I will do whatever is needed for me to met the criterias and fit to the requirement of the job.

I wouldn't stay in a job that would make me unhappy, nope. Being happy at work when you spend 8-9 hours a day there is important.

I agree when it's a pain to go there every morning, it's time to move on...

I need to relax on one thing, I can't learn everything in one day. I need to be patient, I need to give myself a break. I'm really expecting a lot of me. I'm hard on myself. TFB says with time I'll learn to relax. :)

Thanks, thanks for stopping by!

Addicted to crafting said...

Just wanted to add that the whole company welcomed me with open arms today. From my department, to human ressources to everyone I did meet. They were all friendly, fun and made me feel part of the team, which is good!!!

Anyway, I'm satisfied!!!!

:)

Open Grove Claudia said...

YEA! First days can be a complete nightmare. I'm delighted it went well.

Addicted to crafting said...

Claudia: you are totally right, I'm very happy, 2nd day was great also. :)