Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's a heartache

That's what I'm listening at the moment. It's a Bonnie Tyler song.

It's a heartache
Nothing but a heartache
Hits you when it's too late
Hits you when you're down

It's a fool's game
Nothing but a fools game
Standing in the cold rain
Feeling like a clown

It's a heartache
Nothing but a heartache
Love him till your arms break
Then he lets you down

It ain't right with love to share
When you find he doesn't care for you
It ain't wise to need someone
As much as I depended on you

It's a heartache
Nothing but a heartache
Hits you when it's too late
Hits you when you're down

It's a fool's game
Nothing but a fools game
Standing in the cold rain
Feeling like a clown

[Instrumental Interlude]

It ain't right with love to share
When you find he doesn't care for you
It ain't wise to need someone
As much as I depended on you

Oh, it's a heartache
Nothing but a heartache
Love him till your arms break
Then he lets you down

It's a fools game
Standing in the cold rain
Feeling like a clown
It's a heartache
Love him till your arms break
Then he lets you down
It's a fools game
Standing in the cold rain...

I got up pretty late today but I have a good excuse. mrgreen The Young Priest and I went for a coffee yesterday, we met actually quite late (8 PM ish) because he had to attend a practice for a wedding he was doing today, and after the coffee, we stopped at the grocery store and he offered to watch a movie. We rented Untraceable, it was good but fucked up. How can people be that mean? How can human being be so evil? I was delinquent and stayed online until 3 AM.
lol

Today? I cleaned and washed the outside windows. Man, that was fun. I thought I did a great job but I looked at them with the sun down and it's full of streaks. Fuck it, I don't know if I'll be courageous enough to do it again tomorrow.

Yesterday I called Baby Sister who's oversea, it was the first time I spoke to her since she left and it was nice.

I decided not to go to mass this evening because of the priest who was celebrating. I mean, I wish I could say more but it wouldn't be OK of me to discuss this specific person. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe I'll go tomorrow, maybe not. It's hard to be very involved in a parish where you get to know the real side of everyone. It sucks and It's hard to see people who don't practice what they preach. It just makes this girl not want to attend church. I'm not perfect but I practice what I preach. confused Hazelnut, does it make any sense to you? Do you see the same sometimes in your parish? Anyone else?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy... I've heard so very much of this ... I guess... I guess.... hmmm....

I'd say that human beings are imperfect - only God is perfect. Even his representatives struggle - and that is their challenge in this place. Whatever his struggle is, it is his to conquer - priest or otherwise.

It's hard for me - ego in the supposed egoless; lust in the chaste; real disobedience in the sworn obedient (oh I could tell you stories....)

Again, maybe you could go on Saturday night?

Jane said...

I've had a computer-free weekend...spent part of it at my trailer winding down which was so nice and peaceful - away from all technology.
Re your question...
Indeed I do my dear. So much so that I fear this is my last year on parish council. Our last minister was a strong personality and kept everyone in check and everything in good balance, but our new one - well maybe things'll get better over time, I don't know. My main peeve is being asked to help with an event and then showing up to find that it's all been done by the same two women every single time. Recently I signed up to bring certain items for a luncheon we were putting on, when I showed up "those two" had already brought and put out the same stuff. They monopolize everything I guess because they are so "devout", but it's getting on my nerves.
They SAY they need other people to coordinate events but when others sign up to do so they end up taking over because so and so isn't doing it the "right way".
I think I just need to take a back seat for awhile. Or work in an area that "those two" don't work in.
Can ya be TOO christian?
Hazelnut