Friday, October 5, 2007

A dance story

Because I was tagged by Claudia and because I'm glad to be part of a blogger circle, I'll tell you a story. I'm warning you tho, it's not going to be very interesting because I'm not a dancer. But I'll tell you a story that involves dancing. mrgreen

The Ex Boyfriend worked for the department of environment and natural resources. They were having a Christmas themed party. I'm trying to say it with a straight face but there's nothing that annoys me more than the thought of dressing up as a renaissance girl. Knights, Kings, Queens, renaissance is something absolutely unattractive to me.So, we had to lend costumes and wear these stupid things. The dress I wore was hideous, I swear, it was terrible. I also was kinda scared that these people would be boring, a bunch of bureaucrat and/officials but to my surprise 90% of them were funny, relaxed and not uptight at all. lol

Anyway, after dinner it was dancing time. I had brought with me a change of clothes (regular clothes and shoes) to dance. It's near impossible to dance wearing renaissance clothes. (IMO anyway) So I told The Ex Boyfriend that I was going to go change ( he wasn't so thrilled about it), and many people did the same, we danced, laughed and drank. His colleague thought I was funny and sweet. mrgreen

That's kind of an uneventful dance story eh? lol Sorry, I can't dance, well, I love too but don't feel confident moving my body on a dance floor in front of people. I. Am. A. little. Weirdo. lol

I'm tagging:

Julia
Joy
April
Tout de Suite Buttercup
Vixen

Edited to add that you've got to tag 5 people with your story!

9 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Well not a lot of action but i want to see he pictures of the costume:>
Well I have two funny dance stories-- I could tell --I half told one before but this will be more detailed than anyone wants to hear I am sure:>

Addicted to crafting said...

Hiya Joy!

There were pictures but part of breaking up means he got to keep all of them. Lucky him eh!!! LOL I don't need any reminder of that ugly costume. I couldn't breathe, my boobs were totally opressed. ;)

Well, I love TMI, whatever you decide to tell is going to be interesting for sure!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Don't like Renaissance costume? What's up with that? I'm a complete history freak - I would have loved to have my boobs oppressed.

Thanks for the tag - I'll do it tonight. Your dancing story was fine. It was a story. It had dancing in it. What more could we ask for?

Addicted to crafting said...

Nope, I don't like renaissance costume. It's a real PITA! ;)

I love history but for fuck's sake, I'm happy not to have to wear these things. To each their own eh? :) I'm sure people back in those days would freak at g-string, low waist jeans.. ;)

I'm glad you liked the story, you are right, it was a dancing story! ;)

candyQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
candyQ said...

I so love reading your stories and thoughts. Can I add you to my blog roll? Thanks! :o)

Addicted to crafting said...

You sure can candy and I just added your blog to mine!!! :)

Open Grove Claudia said...

I think it's a great story. You did what was best for you and had a great time. WHOO HOO!!

Addicted to crafting said...

Thanks Claudia!!!! :)