THE "5 ME" MEME
List 5 things about yourself that you never have before.
1. I've spend 9 months in a foster center when I was 14 years old. And It was great, I felt safe there, I use to wish I hadn't left.
2. I'm an insomniac... I've always have trouble sleeping, for as long as I can remember. But I don't fight it anymore.
3. I believe in telling people how much they mean to me and how important they are on a daily basis. Seize the day, be thankful. Let people know you love them, how much you feel blessed to have them in your life.
4. I was a self injurer for close to 12 years. I use to cut myself daily, up until one day something happened ( February 2004) and I realised I wanted to live, I loved myself and then, things started to change. I'm not ashamed of my scars, they are part of who I AM. I don't love them but they are a mark left by the pain I was going through.
5. I'll be celebrating the 7th anniversary of my baptism in about a month. Confirmation's been 2 years.
About self injury, there's resources available online and IRL. If someone you knows SI, talk to them, do not hesitate, let them know how you feel, how you care. Someone really close to my heart bought me the "Understanding Selfinjury the Workbook" . I translated it in french for people here who have no resources. As a former cutter, I'm telling you, there's hope. People can help, people can be happy.
I'm tagging 3 people:
Special K Toni
Share the love guys. I hope you have enjoyed these 5 things about me. If you have any question ask me.